By Aishwarya Kaushal, Tuesday, 7th October 2014
I suddenly realized that I’ve never done a post on my everyday makeup!
I want to show you my basic everyday makeup and the look that I gravitate towards the most. This is the makeup that will look great on almost everyone and it is easy to achieve. It makes me look polished and put together and I can finish my makeup in just 20 minutes when I know this is what I’m going to be doing! I have been sticking to this look since about a year now and I haven’t felt the need to change it because it looks amazing and so many people have complimented me on it 🙂
This is also the look that you’ll find me wearing in most of my outfit posts because it looks great with everything. I do change my lipstick and blushes every so often when I want a different shade. Sometimes, I’ll use a colored eyeliner as well but for the most part, this is how I prefer my makeup to look like on an everyday basis :
Winged eyeliner and nude lips is such a great look for everyone. Winging your eyeliner perfectly will take some practice but don’t worry it will come!
Here are all the steps involved to achieve this look and some of my favorite products that I use every time I put makeup on :
1. I like to start by priming my face with either The Body Shop Tea Tree Pore Minimizer or The Body Shop Skin Primer Matte It. Sometimes I use both of them together, I don’t necessarily have large pores but I have oily skin and I like to prolong the wear of my makeup as much as I can! During the winter time when my skin is not as oily, I like to apply MAC Strobe Cream on my cheeks for added glow. I usually like to wait a minute before I put foundation on to let the primer set.
2. After priming, I buff a thin layer of foundation all over my face with a buffing brush or fingers. I always make sure to apply a really thin layer because I don’t like to look cakey! Some of my favorites are the Lakme Absolute Skin Natural Mousse for really oily days, Benefit Hello Flawless Brightening Makeup, Loreal Infallible 16Hr Foundation, Lakme CC Cream! I like foundations that are meant for normal skin and don’t have a very matte finish because I like to look glowy and healthy.
3. Most of the foundations that I like have sheer to medium coverage and I prefer that because I don’t want heavy coverage all over my face. I use the Clinique Even Better Concealer in the shade Orange Brightener under my eyes. It is an orange concealer that helps to cancel out any purple/blue undertones under the eyes. Over that I’ll use the Benefit Boi-ing Concealer which I also use to spot conceal if I have a breakout. To highlight my cheek bones, upper lip area, under the eyebrows and forehead I apply a thin layer of Maybelline Dream Lumi Touch Highlighting Concealer.
4. If I want my blush to last extra long, I’ll apply a cream blush on my cheeks but on most days I just go ahead and set the whole face with my all time favorite powder, Chambor Silver Shadow Compact or Benefit Hello Flawless Powder. If I want a sheer-er compact I’ll use Rimmel Stay Matte Powder or Maybelline Clear Glow Compact.
5. Then, I fill in my eyebrows with Inglot Matte Shadow in the shade 329 and set them with The Body Shop Eyebrow Gel or clear mascara. If I need to get my eyebrows done and they’re very unruly then I’ll use an eyebrow wax from Inglot before filling with powder.
6. Moving onto eyes, I draw a fine line on my top lashline with a black kohl liner, mainly Maybelline Colossal Kajal or Lakme Eyeconic Kajal. Sometimes I’ll use a brown like Colorbar I-Glide Pencil in the shade Cocoa Bar or Faces Long Wear Eye Pencil in Metal Brown. (Other times I may use a green, purple, grey or blue depending on my mood but on most days its either black or brown.) I like to smudge the line with a pencil brush. Then, I line both my top and bottom waterline with the same shade and smudge it a little on the lower lash line with a pencil brush. Then I start with a liquid/gel eyeliner like Maybelline Eye Liner Pen or the Maybelline Gel Eyeliner in Black and trace along the top lash line creating a wing at the end. I then curl my lashes with the Colorbar Eyelash Curler and use my Holy Grail mascara, Maybelline the Falsies on both my top and bottom lashes. I like to apply a second coat of mascara with Maybelline The Colossal Volume Express and this combination gives me long voluminous lashes every time!
7. I like to define my cheekbones for which I contour my face slightly with Sephora Powder Foundation in the shade Deep and lightly dust some on the sides of my forehead and under my jawline as well. I use a different shade of blush almost everyday but my favorite is Sleek Lace Palette. After blush, I’ll use a highlight from the Sleek Face Form Kit on my cheekbones, under the eyebrows, on my cupid’s bow and in the center on my forehead.
8. Like blush, my lip color changes everyday. But, one combination I keep coming back to is Nyx Lip Liner in Natural and Lakme 9 to 5 Lipstick in the shade Red Chaos on top! This is the most beautiful peachy nude combination for my complexion and I prefer matte lips over glossy lips!
P.S. I like to use a makeup setting spray just before I head out to help my makeup last extra long!
I don’t use eye shadows on an everyday basis but on some days I like to get fancy! 😛
And sometimes I’ll wear a matte red lip which to me, is the most beautiful look in the world! But who wears red lips everyday?
When I feel like going all out, I’ll combine smokey eyes with red lips!
Sometimes I’ll play with eyeliner and do something like this :
I had a lot of fun compiling this and sharing my favorite looks with you all! I know this can be a lot of makeup for those of you who only wear Kajal on a day to day basis but I absolutely love makeup! Also, this may seem like a lot of steps but it only takes me around 20 minutes to complete my whole face. I hope you found this post helpful and learnt something new!
Please Like, Comment Share and Subscribe To This Blog for email notifications of new posts!
Twitter – @AishKaushal
Instagram – @GlamourIgnited
Facebook – http://www.facebook.com/glamourignited
Other Interesting Posts :
How To Make Your Makeup Last All Day HERE
My Experience With Acrylic Nails HERE
A Little Trouser Haul HERE
Oily Skin? Read helpful tips HERE
Frizzy Hair? Read helpful tips HERE
Huge Sarojini Nagar Fashion Haul HERE
Big Shoe Haul HERE
How To Smell Amazing All Day! HERE
Huge Sarojini Nagar Haul! HERE
What’s In My Bag? Read HERE
Quick DIYs For Beautiful Skin! HERE
What Is Your Acne Trying To Tell You? HERE
Thank you very much for reading!
For any other query, feel free to write to me at email@example.com