By Aishwarya Kaushal, Tuesday, 13th August 2013
What Chambor claims :
Discover the sheer delight of perfection.
With Chambor’s Sheer Delight Ultra Matt Foundation, it is time to bid oily and uneven skin goodbye. Here is a foundation that gives you the ‘no-makeup’ feeling. It comes with a matt finish that helps you stay shine free all day.
- It is Oil Free
- Long-wearing formula will keep you looking beautiful for 10 hours without clogging your skin pores
- Gives a ‘no makeup applied’ feeling
- It minimizes skin imperfections
- Finish is Velvety, Natural, & gives an Even toned result
- Its break-through technology helps to prevent the visibility of creases and lines into the skin
- An aerated Lightweight jelly formula as smooth as Velvet blends easily into the natural skin colour.
- Flexible silicone polymers that prevent the setting of creases and lines into the skin and leaves you with a velvety soft complexion.
- Matte finish – No Shine
My Thoughts :
I bought this foundation because of its very enticing name. Anything that says “Matte” instantly catches my attention.
I am in the shade 01 Natural which is the lightest shade in the range and it is yellow based. This is the EXACT shade of my skin tone. There are only 3 shades to choose from.
I like the packaging. It is a navy blue squeeze tube that helps control the amount of product to be dispensed.
But, the problem is that the product gathers at the mouth of the tube which I hate so I have to clean it every time I use it. And, there is no way to put any excess product back that you may have squeezed out.
The consistency is thick like a cream but not like a heavy moisturizing cream. It feels whipped. This is extremely easy to blend due to the consistency. The best application will be achieved through fingers as the warmth of the fingers will ensure better blending into the skin.
It does not move around on the face during the day and stays put for a good 6-8 hours on me ( with powder and blotting and touch ups throughout the day ). Since I have extremely oily skin, I always set my foundation with a powder.
This provides a soft natural matte finish to the skin. It will cling to dry patches and not blend as beautifully if you haven’t moisturized prior to application . If you have combination skin, you would want to moisturize beforehand. Even oily skin should used a light moisturizer before applying this as it glides better on moisturized skin.
This keeps me matte for a good 2 hours which is impressive for how oily my skin is. It provides sheer coverage which is great for everyday as it doesn’t look heavy at all. Bear in my mind that this is good if you want to even out your skin tone but it will not hide under eye darkness, blemishes, dark spots and other imperfections. You will need a concealer to help with all those issues. I like to use a concealer under my eyes when I am using this.
Here is how it looks WITH FLASH :
The GOOD :
1. Travel friendly packaging with a screw lid.
2. Keeps me matte for about 2 hours. ( I am extremely oily )
3. Provides natural looking matte sheer coverage.
4. Lasts well in the heat and humidity. ( with blotting and touch ups )
5. Doesn’t break me out.
6. Blends really well.
The COULD BE BETTER :
1. Only 3 shades to choose from.
2. Cannot be layered to achieve more coverage as it will look cakey then.
3. Opaque packaging so you cannot tell how much product is left.
4. Slightly oxidizes on me due to my natural oils.
Price Rs. 745.
Buy it at any shop that sells Chambor products like NewU, Shoppers Stop or online here :