By Aishwarya Kaushal, Thursday, 8th August 2013
What Lakme Claims :
- Vitamin enriched foundation make up in compact powder format to give a radiant look.
- Contains allantoin complex to soothe the skin.
- Advanced Micromesh Technology gives a flawless matte finish.
- Contains Vitamin E & C that moisturizes and protects your skin from pollution.
My Thoughts :
I really like this powder. For the price it is unbeatable!
The packaging reminds me of old Lakme products ( before they came out with the 9-5 and absolute range )
It is convenient with a mirror and a puff for handy touch ups.
This is a compact that can be very easily found in the bags of school / college girls. This is the holy grail of many young girls. It is easy to apply and provides an instant matte finish to the skin.
I am in the shade “Natural Pearl”
Since my skin is greasier than burgers nothing can keep me matte for more than 2 hours. This does a good job of keeping me matte for that long. It is finely milled however it will cling to dry patches and it can look cakey if too much is put on.
It can provide a beautiful natural look as it is finely milled but before touching up with this, it is essential to blot as this is a colored powder and not translucent. So packing it on over an oily face is not the best idea.
The GOOD :
1. Dirt cheap.
2. Amazing for the price.
3. Controls oil.
4. Provides a natural matte finish.
5. Has a tiny amount of coverage.
6. Very easily available
The COULD BE BETTER :
1. Talc smell that may bother some people
I don’t really have any other complaints with this powder, only that the number of shades available is 4!
Will I recommend and repurchase?
This is probably my 10th compact. I am never without this as it is cheap and works effectively! I would recommend it to everyone. Oily skin always benefits from powder and dry skin can use it sparingly to set their makeup!
Buy it Rs. 104 for 9 gm.